pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Thursday, February 3, 2011

The story, as promised...

I promised a story about this quilt for my sweet niece.





It was just over a year ago, January 12, 2010, that an earthquake rocked Haiti. It took an agonizing two weeks for two little sisters to finally be allowed to leave Haiti and join my sister (in-law) and brother (i-l)'s family that were anxiously waiting for them here in Canada. I have marvelled many times at how such beauty can come out of such desperate pain.



As a person looking in, the family has adjusted so well, and I am so proud and happy to have these girls, and their brothers and sister, as my nieces and nephews. Adyne, my sister-in-law, has exemplified unconditional love and has shown an extreme amount of patience (Chris, my brother-in-law, has as well, but as a mother I notice it in Adyne sooner :) ).




Adyne requested a quilt for the baby's new "big girl" bed, and here is what resulted. I love the texture on the white that has been added by row after row of straight line quilting - a feature which you cannot see in these pictures. Poor you. It's beautiful :)


The colors are so perfect for a little girl's room - so bright and hopeful, just like these sweet princess' futures. Love you, Bell family....

Chris and Adyne did a few interviews, but the only video I can find of them is here, from a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment