pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

I always plan to put so much effort into this day... decorating for the kids, baking sugar cookies with them, making beautiful handmade valentines... picking out just the perfect gift for the love of my life... and somehow, the day sneaks up on me and I am left scrambling. Well, this year is like every other. But I am trying to embrace it - for this is who I am! We did manage to make our valentines this year, but I wouldn't call them beautiful... hence, no picture for you!

The three oldest were to wear red, pink, and white for school today. The youngest felt the need to participate as well. Fabric polka-dots were added to supplement a basic wardrobe:


Such well behaved children.... sigh..... :)

Somebody is going to be excited about their Valentine's gift this year:


A custom set of pillowcases for a special lady - ordered by her wise husband (good job, Jeff!!)

Remember those half-square triangles I showed you last week? Here they are in the quilt top (loose strings and all).

The colors are quite a bit darker than they looked in the sneak peek last week, and I think it's gonna be gorgeous when done!

Instead of going out for Valentine's Day this year, we are having a feast at home with the kids (and then putting them to bed for some time by ourselves). I had to plan out a vegetarian feast to accomodate my husband's diet. How's this:

Appetizer: Bruschetta, Roasted Garlic on crackers

Salad: Avocado Caesar Salad

Main Course: Stuffed Manicotti, Homemade Foccacia, and some random vegetable.....

Dessert: White Chocolate Creme Brulee and.....

Yummy, right? I don't think that we are suffering too much by cutting out the meat.

How are you celebrating Love Day?

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment