pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Monday, September 13, 2010

Sorry, dear....

No matter how late I wait to dig my Christmas "stuff" out, it is always too early from my husband's point of view. I think he would like to have the tree put up on December 24, and taken down on the 26th. Disgusting, I know. Actually, I think he secretly likes all the fussing about that is Christmas at our house (I guess not so secretly anymore). The decorations will stay in their boxes for at least two more months, but what was I to do with all the beautiful holiday fabric hanging around my sewing room? The poor pieces were starting to feel so neglected. Hence.....





a quick Christmas pillow. Maybe not quite as modern as my usual projects, but I think that Christmas allows for a slight hint of tradition, no? I think a couple more of these might be in order. Picture little heads resting on them after a cold evening spent sliding down the tobagganing hill. The pillows could be set around the bottom of the tree, perfect for gazing at the blinking wonder. Sigh.... Maybe my decorations won't stay in boxes for two months. Christmas in October, anyone?

If your house needs some Christmas pillows, then head over to my Facebook page and drop me a note!

Off again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment