pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Monday, September 6, 2010

Items with which to hold pots...

What did you spend your September long weekend doing? We had plans to go camping, but backed out at the last minute. Thank goodness for that! When the weather requires that I pack mittens and touques to camp, I whine. So instead, we had a delightful weekend at home that included a bbq with friends (it was warm one evening), and a super fun girls night out.
My last week's adventures included starting a Facebook page for pieced by. If you have a minute, come check it out! I have an album of quilts that are for sale, and an album of my work for inspiration if you would like to place an order. In addition to that, every once in awhile, I will throw a giveaway there for the people who "like" pieced by. Blatant bribery - that's all it is (like me... please, please, please like me :) ) My first week saw discounts given to 10 lucky people, 2 sets of custom potholders given away, and a custom pillowcover and pillow (good things come to those who wait, Chrisy....). I whipped these two sets of potholders out (quick little projects, let me tell you) for the winners, according to their specs.

Blue and red potholders for a friend. My husband took the opportunity to point out that the "blue" fabric I was using was much more green than blue. I forged on, just 'cause I liked how it looked with the red. And it worked out perfectly. Apparently the blue I envisioned was the same as my friend's. One point for instinct, zero points for proper color names.




The camouflage potholders were for one of the few brave men who visited my quilting page. Camouflage was requested, and camouflage is what he got. This proud new potholder owner was also the best man at my husband's and my wedding (that did not improve his chances of winning in the least - it was all fair and square, I promise!). Isn't that neat?


Last week I also finished a new quilt that I'm excited to show you - check back tomorrow. I'm really excited to show you it since it's a little bit different than my others. I'm looking forward to your input - but who am I kidding? You guys are a silent bunch :)


Soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Im not silent Kendra!!!!
    I am excited and waiting uber patiently for my pillowcase. I love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete