pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Gettin' ready...

For what?? Well, school for one. This year I have 2.5 kids in school. I homeschooled last year, and the year before only had one in school, so this is going to be quite the change. Summer vacation has lasted 14 months at our house, and now soon we will be back to regular life. Regular life requires indoor shoes, and acquiring indoor shoes requires searching the mall for just the right brands that were seen on TV. Curse you, commercials during morning cartoons!! But the right shoes were found, and even the 3 year old somehow snagged a pair of Twinkletoes (Skechers managed to score three of my four purchases). Admittedly they all look pretty cute...

Also, I'm gettin' ready to start stitching. I started by laying out my fabric strips to see if it covers the area of the size I wanted the quilt to be.


Once I had cut enough strips, I lay them out in the directions that I envision...


See where I'm going with this? If you need a reminder, check out the Fractured quilt again. White strips will be added between each section again. I'm looking forward to this one, and hope to have the quilt top finished today. I'm off!!











No comments:

Post a Comment