pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My first camping quilt

Don't take the title the wrong way - this is NOT a quilt to use while camping. Once again I used way too much white for this to be practical enough for that. Rather, this is my first quilt that I made WHILE camping. Yep, I brought my sewing machine along in our trailer and pieced while everyone else played. Don't think of me as a martyr, think of me as selfish and doing my own thing. I did everything but finished the binding - and that was because I had to get home and get my new tags out of the mail (see picture closer to the end). So here it is...



A simple design - perfect for mindlessly throwing together. I love how the straight line quilting adds so much texture - the white stripes are quite heavily quilted. I'm not sure how well you can see that - but it's beautiful!

Here is a peek of the back...



And the binding...



And my new tag!!! Yay!!! Also, a close up of my machine binding. I love to handsew the binding, but in the interest of time and sanity, have decided to machine bind. It is much more sturdy (or maybe I was hand binding wrong....), and I am getting better at it.


(I ordered the tags from Miss Label , and had great service and quick delivery)
This quilt does not have a home yet. I'm planning to start selling on Etsy this fall, but want to build a stash of quilts first. I'm willing to part with it now if you're interested...(measures 52"x40", perfect baby size) Message me if you are and I'll fill you in on more details.

Also, the mind burning quilt has officially been started (and the top completed). A sneak peek for you...


I'm hoping to get the back done and have it basted together this afternoon. We shall see....

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea to sew while camping! Love the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you cut the castles out. How perfect. Some little girl is going to spend hours examining every detail of those. Love, love, love.

    ReplyDelete