pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Confession Time....

Now for the real reason why things have been pretty slow around here of late.

My family has spent a delicious two weeks in the wonderful Puerto Vallarta and area.
It was absolutely lovely. The kids got to spend so much time with their daddy (his hard work allows us to steal away and do this occasionally - what a wonderful man). I got to spend so much time in the sun by the pool.



Our trip included: one broken transfer case (in Canada still, on the way to the airport), three rental vehicles, numerous long taxi rides, two braided heads of hair, many pizzas (our kids get tired of Mexican food), one jellyfish sting (chosen cure? vinegar, not urine), one pirate ship, two pirate friends, six inflatable tubes, two crocodile waterslides, 16 hours of flight time, 65 small toys to bring back to classmates, 3 sand castles, one jar of Nutella (special treat for vacation), $50+ spent on movies on the plane, one Thanksgiving supper, 30 or more scoops of ice cream, one lost pair of sunglasses (note to self, sunglasses should not be brought into the ocean) - all this and more packed into two weeks of hot, hot weather. Oh, bliss....
Thank you for being patient. The giveaway is now closed, and the winner will be announced later today. I'm so excited to see who it is!!
edited: The giveaway will stay open until midnight tonite. I found out that my facebook followers hadn't been notified as I thought, and that's just not fair! You've got a few more hours... best of luck!! I'll announce the winner tomorrow morning.
I came home to three packages of fabric and one LARGE bundle of batting, so now the quilting will start in earnest! Finished projects by the armful will hopefully be available for you eyes to see very soon.
Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great vacation! Makes me jealous!
    Please let me win the contest in order to make up for the fact that I had to sit here in the cold and at the hospital with my kids while you were enjoying the ocean! *puppy dog eyes* Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys! You have such a beautiful family Kendra and continue to AMAZE me at everything you continue to fit into life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a really great time! I LOVED your off-resort pictures!

    ReplyDelete