pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Thursday, October 21, 2010

In progess...

More work on the princess quilt(s) today - lots of straight lines being quilted.



Mmmhmmm. I'm having a few issues with the fabric pulling - just like I always do when I straight line quilt. It usually all works out fine in the end, but is frustrating during the process. You can see I'm not using my walking foot. I hate that thing. It does an even worse job than my regular foot. I think I've figured out the issue, though - my foot applies too much pressure on the quilt and shifts the top as I'm quilting along (I know, I know, the walking foot is supposed to solve this, but it doesn't on my machine...hmmm). I've spent a good amount of time trying to find a way to have the foot apply less pressure, but have not found the solution yet. I pinned this one like crazy, too (the pins have mostly all been removed in the above pics). Any advice?
Inspiration walls are popular in the quilting world. I have one, too. This is what's on it:


A message from my six year old, and a picture of a bird nest from my three year old. Man, I love those kids.

I'll be back soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I want those quilts for my girls! Your kids are inspiring, their use of 'white space' looks familiar...

    ReplyDelete