pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Five...and four... oops!

So, you may have noticed that I missed a day in my Christmas countdown. Or maybe you didn't. Yesterday was one of those days where the plan you wake up with in the morning is not the plan that your day ends up following. Not that I want you to feel bad for me - not at all! It was a good change of plans. My husband had to make a hotshot pickup and invited the kids and I along for the 10 hour drive (5 there, 5 back). Since our kids are excellent travellers, and my Christmas list is fairly under control (just waiting for a few more packages, all other gifts are wrapped under the tree, Christmas baking is just not really happening this year), I was able to change my plans and take off with the family. We spent the day in the truck listening to hilarious podcasts, singing Christmas songs, and (less this is sounding too perfect and idyllic) letting the kids watch movies. I hope it's one of the things that our kids remember when they are grown - the fun travels we were able to take.

Today from sunrise to sunset (that's only 5 1/2 hours on this, the shortest day of the year), was spent at my mom's, just for the fun of it. And, thanks to my mom, I came home with more Christmas baking than I had intended to have in my house this year. Aren't moms the best??

I also managed to get this quilt basted.


Yay! Only a few more hours 'til this one is DONE!! I basted it while visiting with my mom and sister, and had to put up with a considerable amount of heckling for the amount of pins I use. But I am a heavy pinner convert. There is nothing like the ease of quilting when there are multitudes of pins holding that baby firm. Yup.

Alright... supper time... I better go figure out what that's gonna entail!

No comments:

Post a Comment