pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Saturday, December 4, 2010

Another set of quilts...

I've just finished another set of quilts - two quilts for two little girls. It's a fun challenge - come up with two similiar quilts that look good together, but are different enough to not be confused for each other. In this case, they are both quite different. The same fabrics were used in both, but with completely different results.


The set also included two coordinating pillows, and a set of curtains (not shown).


I'm loving the rustic backdrops lately, but perhaps you are getting tired of seeing my trashy fence?

Both quilts were quilted with straight lines, and I love the areas where the lines intersect and make the small crosshatch in the corners.
And now, a little Christmas spirit. We have about half of the Christmas decorations up in our house so far. The kids each have a small tree in their room, and a few other things to decorate their spaces with. My son thought he needed a nativity scene, but since there wasn't an extra one, he made one....

Sweet, isn't it? I think the red ornaments are just for decoration. Notice the star on top of the stable? Baby Jesus is in the manger between the two other lego people (aka Mary and Joseph). I love this time of year!! Three weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment