pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Friday, December 24, 2010

One.... (and zero....)

I hope you're ready!!! Christmas Eve is here! While most of you may be waiting for tomorrow for the celebrations to really begin (or at least this evening), we've already opened our presents! We will be making appearances with extended family over the next few days, so have declared Christmas Eve as our official Christmas "Day". So the gifts are being enjoyed, and we are having a cozy family day together. We are going out for Chinese food in a few hours (something you can't do on Christmas Day in this town), and then to the Christmas Eve service. Splendid!


I finished my dad's quilt this morning - quickly stitching the binding on while Nathan was checking in with work. Phew!! I'm not quite as happy with the quilting as I'd hoped to be - I had a bit of pulling and skewing, but washing and drying it took care of most of the problems. My dad has to love it 'cause it came from me, right? I sure hope so!

Merry Christmas to you all, and may your days be filled with family, friends, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment