pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seven...

Last night I decided to put a stop to the procrastinating and wrap the presents before reading all my blogs. Don't you hate when doing what you should do is the wrong choice? I finished wrapping all my gifts in my matchy-matchy storebought paper, then saw this. Why couldn't I have seen this first? Imagine the ooo's and aaahh's over my gifts. Drat. Remind me next year...

I loaded my pics onto my computer before previewing them on my camera. Apparently one of the little elfs who make my house their habitat was practising their photography skills.

It was my son. I remember him sneaking around with the camera. I'm not showing the one where he caught me unaware. Wouldn't want to scare you!!

And here is the progress on my dad's checkerboard quilt. All is going well on it, and another 1/2 hour or so and it will be a completed quilt top.


Today was the first day of Christmas vacation, and we spent it watching "Miracle on 34th Street", making sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies (thank you Pillsbury), shovelling the driveway twice (who needs expensive gym memberships when the snow just keeps falling?), watching "Fly Away Home" (yes, two movies in one day... I'm that mother... sigh...), playing Uno, and eating Ichiban noodles for supper (oh, you guys wanted to have three meals today? Ooops). Now my three year old is giggling in her room with her almost three year old cousin. They have now figured out which volume is just quiet enough that I won't come in there and tell them to go to sleep. So sweet....
How are you spending the Christmas holidays? Any tips for me to stay sane, yet not continue the two movies a day trick? Especially since it's could be -30 Celsius this week (-20 Fahrenheit, in case you don't speak Canadian).
Alright, the volume is inching upwards from the "sleepover" room - off I go to lay down the law (or some sweet aunty/mommy version of that).

1 comment:

  1. That 3 year old and the almost 3 year old are my faves! That and your Christmas countdown, love it! Makes my day, going to be sad when Christmas is over and there is no more Pieced By countdown.

    ReplyDelete