pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Saturday, December 11, 2010

Still playing dressup...

This year, 2010, has been a good year for parties. There has been several that we have been privileged to attend, and we have never had more fun. Two parties in particular were super fun, and they had one thing in common - both required us to dress up as a certain character. This summer, we had a redhead party, where we had to come as our favorite redhead. Nathan came as a friend of ours, whom the party was in honor of. I came as our three year old daughter; she being really, really into the dress up phase. My costume required frequent changes between swimsuits, long dresses, and tons of jewellery (and lopsided ponytails). Oh! And awkward poses. That was my daughter this past summer.


Our other costume party was last night - our company Christmas party. Nathan went as Scrooge, and I as the Ghost of Christmas Past. So fun!


I'm still quilting too! I'm working on the last order before Christmas - a set of twin size quilts (probably my most common order this year). This pair is being made for two sweet boys, pieced out of their baby receiving blankets. Here's a peek of a pinned "Flannel Fields".


It will be quilted with... wait for it.... straight lines (what else could it be !?). Wanna place bets if I can finish both by next Wednesday (the promised finish date)? It's gonna be a couple of late nights..... yawn.....

Okay, I'm gonna quit procrastinating and go to work.... right after I check facebook... and my blogs.... and.... oh bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment