pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Another one bites the dust...

Only in a good way. Another project completed and on it's way to a new home.

This is "Striated". The color combination was requested (robin's egg blue, red, brown, and cream), but beyond that (and the size - twin) I was given the design choice. Right now I am loving anything bold and graphic, and I am still stuck in the "adding texture through quilting" mode, so this is what became of that.


The top foot or so is tucked into the fence. It's a slightly longer than normal twin size quilt.


This quilt is going to be a throw laid across the end of a king size bed. I wanted it to have different vignettes depending on how it was folded and placed (definition I'm using for vignettes is from dictionary.com, "any small, pleasing picture or view"). So, the widest red and blue stripe were HEAVILY quilted.

The red and blue stripes. Everything is very organically quilted on this quilt. I wanted the imperfect quilting lines to play off the rigidity of the vertical stripes. Over time and washings, the quilt would have gotten a delightful crumpled look on it's own, but this sped up the cozying process.


Another view of the back where the quilted lines show well.


This is the pebbled area I was complaining about here. Beautiful, but so much work.


A final look.
On to the next quilt now...

No comments:

Post a Comment