pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Monday, November 22, 2010

What did you do this weekend?

I went camping! Did I mention that I live in Northern Alberta?

Every year, my husband has a camper or shack in the mountains to stay when he goes sledding (or ski-dooing, or whatever you call it). This last weekend, the kids and I went out with him to hang out in it for the weekend. Talk about getting away from regular life! We didn't have running water, so hot water had to be made on the stove. This also made for some interesting bathroom situations, which I will only talk about if we are good friends.

We found a great hill to go tobogganing on. 9 minutes up, 15 seconds down.


I printed off a bunch of coloring sheets, sudoku, and word searches to occupy our time. The cupboards behind Nathan had to stay open so the items in them wouldn't freeze. Fun!

I know. Right now as you look at our shack you are thinking, "Wow, they are so classy! So polished, so refined!"

Or maybe you're not.....
It was such a beautiful place to spend the weekend. There was a full moon (or almost, I'm not really sure) that lit up the snow so much at night that the kids were waking up at 3 am thinking it was morning. So magical.... What a great family time.
Quilting stuff coming up later....

1 comment:

  1. That looks so wonderful, you and your family are so cute all bundled up in your snow gear!

    ReplyDelete