pieces of my day and snapshots of my quilts




Monday, November 15, 2010

Drumroll please.... The Princess Quilts!!

Do any of you even remember that I was going to show you the Red-Haired Princess Quilts "soon"? I'd said that so long ago that I'm sure it's long been forgotten. But without further ado....


Here they are! Two similiar quilts for two red-haired sisters. These were so fun to make - the recipients are like family, and I have quite literally known them their whole lives. They are both strip quilts - bands of fabric running the whole length (or width) of the quilt. Then, quilted heavily to achieve an absolutely luxuriously textured quilt. I took the best pictures I could, but keep in mind that the only assistant I had was a three year old....

The quilt that you can see more fully above has horizontal stripes (let's call that #1), while the folded one beside it has vertical stripes of fabric (for simplicity's sake, #2). Other than that, they have the same fabrics, and are both heavily quilted with straight lines on all the white spaces.

#1's binding, and closeup detail of the back and front.

#1, view of the red-haired princess sleeping peacefully.


#1's binding, again, with my tag. This binding was chosen since the red-haired queen (aka, the mom of the princesses) loves this fabric.


#2's binding and closeup detail of quilting.


A very densely quilted stripe on #2 - these lines were "organic" lines on purpose...


Another view of #2.
These quilts turned out so beautifully - I love the textured look that the heavy quilting offers. Mmmmhmmmm....
I'll have another similiar quilt to show you soon, then hopefully I can change it up for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment